Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Things I bought.

It's kind of hard to get used to the fact that we're spending real sums of money here. Like, hey, we just bought toilets for both bathrooms and we didn't have to hem and haw and stick it on some Buy It Later list - we put two in the lil' online cart and bought them. Done.

Today was a purchasey kind of day - lots of stuff taken care of.

I decided to get wallpaper samples, because I really just need to see them on the wall, in person, to make up my mind.

One:



Two:



Three:



Four:





Number one is the front runner.


Sconces for either side of the bathroom mirror:

Oil rubbed bronze strikes again.


Pottery Barn has some great apothecary accessory stuff for the bathroom:



Got the wastebasket, the soap dispenser, the tray, a toilet brush holder, and the small and medium canisters. So basically everything but the soap dish, toothbrush holder, and tissue box cover. (Found them cheaper on Amazon, PS.)

Toilets are both Toto Drake models.



I mean, it looks like a regular toilet. I know. But our contractor was telling us that these things can flush golf balls. Something about the flushing system having a valve that's twice as big as normal toilets?

Urban Outfitters was having a free shipping deal, so I checked out the sale section.


Silhouette hamper, $19.99. For paper/craft trash that'll be generated in the office.


Antiqued mirror tiebacks, $12. For the curtains in the living room.



Triple hook, $6. Got them for the backs of the bedroom doors.



Double hook, $6. For the backs of the bathroom doors.



Key-in-lock hooks, $28. Extra hooks/jewelry or headband holders for my bathroom.



Etched glass vanity mirror, $24.99. For my makeup vanity/desk. It's small though, so I think I'm gonna need to get a larger one for the wall.



Giant cable knit throw, $39.99. Our bedroom color scheme is light blue, dark brown, white and orange.



Velvet pouf pillow, $20.



So. Those are the latest little feathers we (. . . I . . .) bought for the nest.
We need to write a separate entry with pictures of the painted bedrooms, the drywall, and the cabinets that ARE NOW MOUNTED IN OUR KITCHEN!!!!!

Chugging along. Catching myself daydreaming about peaceful mornings in this new place, and chugging along.

1 comment: