Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hooray IKEA!

We're battling guilt today because Walt was in his crate for a ridiculous number of hours - work, haircuts, IKEA for both of us mean we got home at 9, with a half hour break in there from 3 - 3:30. Nate's dropping off the final cabinets at the house now. I came back to get the puppy out and try and cram a day's worth of playtime into the hour before bed. Sigh.

I love IKEA. And oh, I hate it.
They're having a kitchen sale - 10% off any purchase of $2500 or more, 15% off if you buy an appliance with that, 20% off if you buy (I think) 3 appliances.
We bought our stuff THE DAY BEFORE THE SALE BEGAN. Nobody said a word to us about it. Not exactly loving that, BUUUUT customer service went ahead and gave us the discount. So we just got $472 back on our kitchen!!
I love that. Love it. LOVE IT.

They also have exact, if not BETTER versions of all the mirrors I've been checking out on Pottery Barn lately. I got a great big huge etched glass antiquey mirror to go on the wall for my vanity desk for FIFTY DOLLARS. Matches the little one I got from Urban Outfitters for $24.99. I was shocked at that. These things are usually SEVERAL hundreds of dollars.

It's shaped a bit like the one on the right, but it's etched like the one on the left. Couldn't find the actual product online, but oh, it's perfect.




There's a long oval beveled mirror for the wall above the banquette seat in the dining room and that sucker's like $29.99. WHAT?

PB's selling something along the same lines for around 300 bucks. I'm gonna hang it horizontally like that, from a leather strap attached to each side. Stick it right up on a nail. ANOTHER element of my dream kitchen, NAILED! FOR CHEAP!!!!

They also have a couple models for floor lengths that we can use in the guest room and in ours.
The Jondal mirror is $49.99. Has the contrast stitching.



The next is the Mongstad, for $99.99.



Love them, want them. Bought that first one, waiting to get the other two.

Also, where can I put this?



Vanna, $29.99.


And here's a chandelier to go over our dining room table:



Kristaller, $39.99.


Mirror for the main bathroom I'd like to be the owner of:


The Frack mirror, $4.99.




Medicine cabinet maybe?

Fredden, $99.99.

or


Flaren, $99.99.


Anyway, we have our remaining cabinets taken care of and we have that etched mirror for my desk, and the rest . . . we have to go back for.

Which means hours of walking and waiting and figuring and choosing and finding the flat pack boxes in the giant warehouse below and standing in line for ages. 'Cause that's what we did this round. Plus dealing with the kitchen customer service people. Plus the regular customer service people. 2 and a half hours in IKEA makes me want to scream.


BUT. I'm really happy I found solutions to a couple things that were making me worry about compromising what I wanted in order to fit in the budget.

Now I just need to finish report cards and get a wedding gift framed correctly before tomorrow night . . .

I'm going to bed.
HOORAY $470!!

No comments:

Post a Comment