Monday, September 7, 2009

Doors, doors, doors.

Week from hell is over. Still have really bad nervous stomach aches that keep popping up. Show's done, saving the pieces for the Halloween show. Nate and Jeff took out the tub and toilet on Saturday and I just swept a bit 'cause I felt like crap.

The arbitrary doorway between the living room and the hallway has been knocked down, and it's opened that area up so, so much.

I might be relenting on the idea of a powder room because I want to keep a handle on costs more than I want people out of my bathroom. Long as it's gorgeous and we have a cleaning lady, come on in.
I guess.

The big bathroom's gonna be 9'6" by 7'3".

Ikea's measuring/planning service came in and measured and talked with us about what we wanted. Glass fronts for several cabinets, dark stone countertops, recessed rope lighting above the cabinets, below the wall cabinets, and below the base cabinets.
We're struggling with which cabinet face to use - Adel or Lidingo.

Adel:


Craftsman-y recessed panels, but the glass cabinets in this style aren't what I'm looking for at all.



Lidingo:


Cabinet faces are on those doors on the left-hand side of the island and then the glass cabinet faces hanging in the background. Those glass fronts are the style I want exactly.

I guess we need to figure out if we can mix and match some things to get precisely what we're going for . . .


Today we're off to Floor and Decor to look at tiles for the kitchen floor, bathroom floors/walls, and hopefully we'll see something lovely for a backsplash.


And. We're pricing bathtubs and we want 5 panel shaker-style doors. Like the one here in the picture on the right.






Slap some glossy white on that sucker, bam.

Gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment