Sunday, August 30, 2009

APPLIANCES!!

On Saturday we did lots more demo, and I'll try to post all about that tomorrow or Tuesday.
TODAY we went to Ikea and booked the measuring/kitchen planning service, found an island we might want (butcher block top, might be a nice contrast), and then went to BrandsMart. (And I was hoping to stop by H Mart to pick up some asian goodies, but the damn thing STILL isn't open. WHEN????)

We wandered around the top floor for a while until a woman finally approached and asked how we were doing. "Fine, thanks!" and kept walking. "Well what are you looking for today?"
"Everything."
"Ohhhh - new house?"
"Yup, we're remodeling."

And Nate said, "We're not really going to buy anything today, we're just looking to get an idea - "
And I said, "Though, if we can find what we want for what we're willing to spend, we'll absolutely buy it all today. The tricky part is getting what we want for how much we want to pay."

And then it was off and running. A KitchenAid fridge (KITCHENAID!!!!!!!) with french doors and a freezer drawer with all kinds of sliding cabinets was a floor model up for sale. MSRP is $2600, and we ended up getting it for $1348. AMAZING. I love the thing. 25 cubic feet of space!!!!

A gorgeous Frigidaire range/oven WITH convection cooking is normally $827. We got it for $588. I caved to Nathan about wanting a gas range - he loves the look of an electric cooktop. For the price, I was just fine with electric, and since I like to bake a lot that convection/speedbake setting has me way excited.

I think I died and went to heaven when I realized we could get this Whirlpool Energy Star! dishwasher. The controls are at the top inside level of the drawer, so the front is smooth and flat and ridiculously lovely. $650 and we got it for $498.

The microwave that goes over our range is a GE Profile Spacemaker. I love the lines of the entire thing, it's just so pretty and feels solid and I can't wait to use it. Normally $549, we got it for $250.

Nate's dad's fiance is generously donating her white, front-loading dryer, so all we had to do was find a washer to match. AND OH WE FOUND ONE. A GE Duet Sport!!!!! Normally between $600 and $700, we got it for $428.

And those prices, added up with $50 (instead of $70) for delivery, are the prices we paid - tax was knocked off each and every one - and then we walked out the door and I could finally squeal and call people and get super happy and excited that our kitchen is going to have AMAZING appliances that we got for AMAZING bargains! Such a huge high, seriously.

And now I've learned that I have pretty much no shame and can keep people on topic - aka "Okay, you said you could do $3050, but that's not an answer to my question. I asked if you could do $3000. You can tell me 'yes' and you've got a sale, or you can tell me 'no' and we'll need to leave."
And I can ask for ridiculously low prices and can walk if they're not met. ORRRRR I can skip out with joy 'cause they WERE met!!!!!

Updated demo pics soon, promise. But tonight we're just so thrilled. Go click around and look at how lovely our kitchen is going to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Where'd you go to get your appliances?

    It looks like you got a lot of same/similar stuff I did. Dishwasher is exactly the same, and I got a Kitchenaid fridge and a similar GE microwave.

    ReplyDelete